Monday, July 9, 2012

Intro

This is what my life has become, hiding away like some criminal. Who would of thought huh. Before i get into specifics let me tell you who i am. I'm Lancey Emeralds. Im originally from here, Bridgeport.

I used to have a family. Not anymore. You see I'm an infected, a diseased, a half breed. Im part human, and the other part..well I'm suppose to be part vampire. But thats where it gets icky. I have all of there strengths and none of there weaknesses. I don't even have fangs.

When i was born, my family didn't know what to do with me. So they took me to the mystic. The one who foretold all. She said that i was a rare one indeed. That it was prophesied that on my 21st birthday i would become a full fledged vampire, that could walk in the daylight. I was the one that would lead our family out of hiding.

That didn't sit well with the council. You see they didn't want to be known, they wanted to be feared. My parents ran away with me to keep me alive. But it turned out i didn't need their help as much as they thought. By the time i was five years old i could run faster than both of them ever could, and at night i could hear and see things much clearer than they could.

On one side my parents were happy. They now could leave me days on end to fend for myself while they found new places to live. On the other, they were getting worried. The mark of the vampire was starting to show on my back. It started as a small tattoo. I didn't pay too much attention to it as they did.

Flash forward to today. I am now 20. My parents long gone. I have come back to Bridgeport to settle down. Lets face it, who would think to look for me here.

Ive got a great job. Great pay. Nice friends. Theres just one thing that can interrupt my life..the tattoos... are getting bigger and on the next winters night, i turn 21....



No comments:

Post a Comment